Translation Available תרגום זמין Traduction Disponible

לקרוא את הבלוג הזה בעברית, לתרגם הוא בצד הימין Pour traduire ce blog en Français, utiliser le bouton de traduction sur la droite de la page.

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Cool stuff coming out of the CES show - for educators

OK, so I admit it.... I am a tech junkie.  If I had a lot of money, I would buy all sorts of things: smart watches, the "Ring" interface, home automation and so on!

This one really grabbed my attention for elementary schools.  I have been a HUGE proponent in using physical manipulatives over digital manipulatives in the lower grades. There are so many studies showing how working in the physical realm creates pathways in the brain and encourages neuron growth in small children.  So when I saw this interesting concept from Hewlett Packard, I just had to share it with all of you.


So, what do you think?  Is this a good synergy between digital and physical?

Please post your comments on the blog

Yossie

Yossie Frankel
Director - Consortium for Information and Academic Technologies
Member Schools:
Harkham Hillel Hebrew Academy - yfrankel@hillelhebrew.org
Oakland Hebrew Day School - y.frankel@ohds.org
Shalhevet High School - y.frankel@shalhevet.org
Yeshivat Yavneh - www.yha.org
Arete Preparatory Academy - yfrankel@areteprep.org
Midreshet Emunah V'Omanut - Jerusalem - yfrankel@emunahvomanut.org
Checkout my blog @ technorebbe.blogspot.com
Twitter @yossiefrankel
YouTube Channel: YossieFrankelChannel
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/yossiefrankel

No comments:

Post a Comment