Translation Available תרגום זמין Traduction Disponible

לקרוא את הבלוג הזה בעברית, לתרגם הוא בצד הימין Pour traduire ce blog en Français, utiliser le bouton de traduction sur la droite de la page.

Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Safer Internet Day

It seems like there is a day for everything.

Mother's Day

Father's Day

Pet Rock Day 
(yep - for real!!  The first Sunday in September!)

But here is one day that I can really get behind:

Now, it is very important that we are constantly aware of being safe on the Wild, Wacky West (www) of the Internet.  By setting aside one day though, we can create a special occasion that makes a really big deal about what being safer means.  The problem is, and the question that I get from most of my fellow educators is, what can we do to make the day significant?

Well, look no further as I got a great little package to share with you!!

Recently, I received an email from one of my colleagues in New York who put me onto a free program from Learning.com.  Learning.com is a subscription service that has a cornucopia of educational tools that help classroom teachers educate students about digital literacy skills.  Back when I was running the Consortium for Information and Academic Technology, I came across this company quite a few times and the educators using them had only the best to say of their experience!  (No I am not paid for any mention of the Learning.com service - remember, I don't do that commission thing!!  But I would take a coffee cup - hint, hint :-)

So if you are looking for something to do with your students this Safer Internet Day - now you have a solution!

Have you ever heard of Safer Internet Day and if so, what do you with your students on it?  I would love to have your comments on the blogsite.

Regards,

Yossie


YossieFrankel
Director of Technology
Check out my blog @ technorebbe.com
Hillel Logo
Harkham Hillel Hebrew Academy  
9120 W Olympic Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90212
310.276.6135

No comments:

Post a Comment