Translation Available תרגום זמין Traduction Disponible

לקרוא את הבלוג הזה בעברית, לתרגם הוא בצד הימין Pour traduire ce blog en Français, utiliser le bouton de traduction sur la droite de la page.

Monday, June 16, 2014

Real World Manipulatives on iPad

I will never forget the time I spent as a Paramedic Instructor Trainer (early 1990's) and my clinical rotation on a Brain Trauma Unit.

Here were people that had to re-learn simple tasks such as holding a fork and feeding themselves.  I remember one of the researchers telling me about the (then) leading edge research that conclusively demonstrated that handling physical objects makes a difference in brain chemistry that supports learning.

This leads me to one of my complaints about some of today's technology: Tech  can sometimes remove the "real world manipulative" from the learning and thus does not allow for a very critical early learning modality.

Now, before you say "hey, wait a second Yossie, there was a device that did...." I will admit that there HAVE been computer/manipulation interfaces that have been created..... BUT NEVER I HAVE SEEN ONE AS COOL AND EASY TO USE AS THIS!!!!!

I will let the below video say it all:


As always, your comments and thoughts are solicited. Maybe you know of another product that we should know about. Please post them on the blog.

Regards...

Yossie

PS - thanks to Joy Watt at the Crossroads School for letting me know about this great product.  

Yossie Frankel
Director - Consortium for Information and Academic Technologies
Member Schools:
Harkham Hillel Hebrew Academy - yfrankel@hillelhebrew.org
Oakland Hebrew Day School - y.frankel@ohds.org
Shalhevet High School - y.frankel@shalhevet.org
Yeshivat Yavneh - www.yha.org
Arete Preparatory Academy - yfrankel@areteprep.org
Checkout my blog @ technorebbe.blogspot.com
Twitter @yossiefrankel
YouTube Channel: YossieFrankelChannel
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/yossiefrankel

No comments:

Post a Comment