Translation Available תרגום זמין Traduction Disponible

לקרוא את הבלוג הזה בעברית, לתרגם הוא בצד הימין Pour traduire ce blog en Français, utiliser le bouton de traduction sur la droite de la page.

Thursday, May 7, 2015

HUD Displays: Evolution of Augmented Reality

The speed at which Augmented Reality is invading our world is staggering!!  In a previous post (here), I predicted that AR and VR (virtual reality) is going to change the way teach and that change is only five years away!  Well, I may have to revise my estimate and make it much shorter.

While "trolling" through the web to hunt for trends in innovation that we can implement in our classrooms, I cam across the SEER Headset.   It is a HUD (Heads Up Display) style of device and it BLEW ME AWAY!!   Here, why should I inundate you with my words when a video says it all...


The cool thing is that this device is only $119.  To make it work, you put in your own smart phone (like Google Cardboard) or go for the $219 version that comes with one of CAPUTER's screens included.

As soon as this is released for consumer sale, I am getting one!!

I have a special request for the folks at Caputer... can I please borrow a demo unit for my STEM conference keynote speech on May 18th?  Please??!!

As always, your comments are solicited on the blog.

Regards...

Yossie

Yossie Frankel
Director - Consortium for Information and Academic Technologies
Member Schools:
Harkham Hillel Hebrew Academy - yfrankel@hillelhebrew.org
Oakland Hebrew Day School - y.frankel@ohds.org
Shalhevet High School - y.frankel@shalhevet.org
Yeshivat Yavneh - www.yha.org
Arete Preparatory Academy - yfrankel@areteprep.org
Midreshet Emunah V'Omanut - Jerusalem - yfrankel@emunahvomanut.org
Checkout my blog @ technorebbe.blogspot.com
Twitter @yossiefrankel
YouTube Channel: YossieFrankelChannel
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/yossiefrankel

No comments:

Post a Comment