Translation Available תרגום זמין Traduction Disponible

לקרוא את הבלוג הזה בעברית, לתרגם הוא בצד הימין Pour traduire ce blog en Français, utiliser le bouton de traduction sur la droite de la page.

Thursday, May 28, 2015

URGENT..... iPhone texting bug

URGENT INFO TO CONSORTIUM SCHOOLS....

Sorry about the delay on this... I only found out about an hour ago...

There is a text that will bring your iOS device crashing down - really, it truly exists!!!

Rather than go into detail... here is a link to a reputable site explaining it.

While it is annoying, this bug CAN stop your iPhone from texting properly until you fully delete the "key text" that started this....  Here is a series of recommendations to fix the problem..  (The "text me" from Siri seems to work the best...)

Please be aware of this and the possible fixes.  Apple will release an update at some point, but no one knows when yet...

If you need more info, please contact me directly.

Regards...

Yossie


Yossie Frankel
Director - Consortium for Information and Academic Technologies
Member Schools:
Harkham Hillel Hebrew Academy - yfrankel@hillelhebrew.org
Oakland Hebrew Day School - y.frankel@ohds.org
Shalhevet High School - y.frankel@shalhevet.org
Yeshivat Yavneh - www.yha.org
Arete Preparatory Academy - yfrankel@areteprep.org
Midreshet Emunah V'Omanut - Jerusalem - yfrankel@emunahvomanut.org
Checkout my blog @ technorebbe.blogspot.com
Twitter @yossiefrankel
YouTube Channel: YossieFrankelChannel
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/yossiefrankel

1 comment:

  1. Unfortunately, I read about it two days ago and figured (naively) that if I didn't broadcast it, we could get through it unscathed. How very wrong I was. Our entire 8th grade blasted the text today while they were at school and I spent the last 4 hours of the day (and the first 4 hours of tomorrow) dealing with the consequences. I'm so mad I could spit.

    ReplyDelete